Saturday, March 20, 2010

Kim Chi & Cucumber Kim Chi

Sometimes there's a recipe sitting in the back of my mind and one day I'll see the main ingredient on sale or at a farmer's market and I'll get around to making it. Such was the case when I found a bag of pickling cucumbers for only two bucks. This recipe is by Ben Kim. It was a little on the salty side, but the addition of honey I think toned down the heat, perfect for Abby and I. We've been munching away at it. ^_^

While I was at it, I tried Ben Kim's napa cabbage recipe. The kim chi's I've made in the past was from a Japanese recipe, which was good but I was excited to try a recipe from a Korean guy. A little more authentic, I think. This kim chi turned out real spicy, too spicy for Abby and I, but just fine for David and Sage. I think I'll take my mom half cuz she into that spicy stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment