Saturday, May 8, 2010

Clam Chowder in a Bread Bowl



I used to work at Boudin's Sourdough, the one in San Diego and I remember these Clam-Chowder-in-a-Bread-Bowl being their best selling item. I can see why, they are so good! And they are so easy to make at home. I used Quick and Easy Clam Chowder from Allrecipes.com (with slight modifications as reviews suggest) and made my own bread bowls using the 5-minute Artisan Bread recipe by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoë François. (some of the recipes from the book can be found at Mother Earth News. One good reason to make your own bread bowls is that you can make it as big (or small) as you want (and the home-baked goodness is a plus too... ^_^) to accomodate the appetite of each person. Can be made with any creamy and thick soups, such as chili and stews.

No comments:

Post a Comment