Saturday, February 13, 2010

Sweet Potato Fries


I don't know why I've never made sweet potato fries till now. They are sooooo good! Last year, I had sweet potato fries in Colorado for the first time in my life. This was something that never occured to me to make, as much as it seems like a very common and simple food item. I've never been a fan of yams so when it came to buying sweet potatoes, I've stuck with Japanese sweet potatoes (satsuma-imo) which must rank as one of the BEST sweet potatoes, they are that good! So I looked around the store and saw this sweet potato that looked like the inside wouldn't be orange. And it actually tasted pretty close to the Japanese kind. I think I'll be making these again soon. ^_^

1 comment:

  1. These are my favorite sweet potatoes, as their texture is not "hairy" or stringy as yams.
    I make many different things from it (like a spicy African curry-like dish, mashed as well as roasted sweet potatoes). They are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete