Friday, July 6, 2012

Watermelon and Feta Salad


A while back I flipped through a book at Costco titled "Plenty" by Yotam Ottolenghi.  I took a picture of the cover with my cell phone which I recently found again on my phone which made me think, oh yeah, I was going to find this at the library.  So I did and saw many interesting recipes, but one really caught my interest.  It's summer now so the watermelon part of it sounded really good.  It was called Watermelon and Feta, and it's a very simple dish.  Watermelon with feta cheese, basil, red onion, olive oil and black pepper.  I didn't have any basil and the stores were still waiting on their delivery, so Abby and I decided to go down to the creek and pick fresh mint instead.  We also added a drizzle of basalmic vinegar.  It was so "fresh" and made a perfect lunch.  We will be eating this one often. ^_^  

Recipe can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment